Bring on the heat with a refreshing jalapeno margarita! These babies are a crazy simple and crazy delicious spin on traditional margs– perfect for spring and summer days. We especially love them with cucumber to play on spicy + cooling qualities. The choice is yours!
- 4 ounces tequila
- 5 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces orange liquor
- 1 jalapeno, plus more for garnish
- Optional: about 1/2 cucumber if making cucumber jalapeno margs
- Squeeze the limes and add lime juice to a cocktail shaker.
- Cut the stem off the jalapeno and chop into slices. Add the jalapeno, seeds and all, to a cocktail shaker. Peel and slice the cucumber (if using) and add as well.
- Add the orange liquor to the shaker and muddle for 15-30 seconds.
- Add the tequila and ice. Shake until the shaker is cold and frosty.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a salt-rimmed glass with ice cubes.
- Add sliced jalapenos and a slice of lime for garnish and enjoy!
** You can substitute serrano peppers for a similar result.
** There are 3 other methods to make these spicy margaritas, outlined in the post. You can also make these using a blender, by making jalapeno-infused tequila, or by making a batch of jalapeno simple syrup!
** We’ve found the easiest, spiciest margaritas are made using jalapeno simple syrup— this is how most bars and restaurants do it!
Keywords: Spicy Jalapeno Margarita