Hiiii hummus, it’s me, garlic! Roasted garlic enlivens hummus in this delicious roasted garlic hummus perfect for an appetizer, a mezze plate, or afternoon snack!
- 1– 15 ounce can garbanzo beans
- 2 heads of roasted garlic
- 1.5 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional but helps give a creamy mouthfeel)
- Prepare 2 heads of roasted garlic: Peel the papery skins surrounding the heads of garlic, trying to keep the cloves intact.
- Cut the top 1/4 portion of the head off to expose the cloves, drizzle with olive oil, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 400 for 45 minutes. Full details on roasting garlic here.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then add them to the blender (or food processor if you don’t have a blender) along with all other ingredients.
- Blend for 1-2 whole minutes! YES, although ingredients will look pureed additional blending time helps achieve a creamier consistency hummus! Stop 1-2 times during blending and scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula as needed.
** To avoid grainy or gritty hummus we recommend using a high-powered blender in place of a food processor. Additionally, add more liquid 1 tablespoon at a time to achieve the consistency you’re after.
**Hummus will thicken as it cools in the refrigerator.
** See post for video on how to roast garlic ( 2 mins! )