Xylitol simple syrup is a sugar-free and keto liquid sweetener that is easy to make at home and easy to use in a variety of ways! Xylitol syrup works well across all your favorite desserts, beverages like coffee, tea, and cocktails, and in smoothies.
- 1.5 cups granulated xylitol
- 1 cup water
- Measure and place xylitol into a small pot.
- Measure and gently pour water into the pot as well being careful not to splash the water and xylitol grains up onto the sides of the pot. If there are ANY xylitol crystals that don’t dissolve, they will trigger the rest of the liquid xylitol to recrystallize! (Similar to making caramel)
- Simmer on medium heat until all the xylitol has dissolved into a liquid state- about 4-5 minutes.**You don’t need to stir, as with making caramel- stirring can cause some grains/crystals to get stuck to the sidewalls of the pot and may recrystallize later. I recomend avoiding stirring this simple syrup!
- Once all xylitol is in liquid form, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 1 minute to reduce and thicken to syrup. Be sure to watch the pot while making the xylitol syrup as it can overflow if you don’t reduce the heat, just like regular simple syrup!
- Pour into a clean container that does not have any granulated xylitol reside in it.
- Cover and keep in the fridge up to 10 days.
**Xylitol is not safe for dogs; keep xylitol products and foods away from dogs!!!***
** Tips to help prevent recrystallizing:
Don’t stir the xylitol as it is dissolving in the liquid.
Once the xylitol has all dissolved you can place a lid of the pot and simmer, covered, for 1 minute. This is similar to making caramel; placing a lid on will cause steam and condensation to build up in the pot, all the sides will become coated with a layer of condensation and any stray xylitol granules will fall back into solution!
Keywords: xylitol simple syrup