Say hello to pumpkin spice season with homemade Vegan Pumpkin Scones! These pumpkin scones taste so close to the favorites you get at your local coffee shop!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup very cold vegan butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Add all dry ingredients to a food processor and pulse to combine. Alternatively, you can add to a mixing bowl and combine.
- Cut very cold vegan butter into small 1/2″ cubes and pulse in the food processor until the texture is a sandy meal. If using a mixing bowl, use a fork or pastry cutter to shred the butter into the dry ingredients.
- Add pumpkin puree and combine until mixture comes together as a dough.
- Roll out the scone dough on a floured surface or between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll the scone dough into a 9″ disc.
- Cut the disc into 8 equal shaped triangles and place them on a cookie sheet in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees with the rack in the center position. Bake the scones for 13-16 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- If icing, wait until scones COMPLETLY cool, then make the icing.
- For standard vanilla icing: 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 2-4 teaspoons of milk or water. Stir to combine. Add more liquid in 1 teaspoon intervals to thin the icing as needed.
- For pumpkin spice icing: 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice, and 2-4 teaspoons milk or water. Stire to combine. You could add 2-3 teaspoons of pumpkin puree for more color! Add more liquid in 1 teaspoon intervals to thin the icing as needed.
Ensure the vegan butter is very cold for a crumbly scone texture! You can measure the amount needed and pop in the freezer for 30 minutes prior to assembling the scones dough.
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 407mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Vegan Pumpkin Scones