Vegan blueberry pancakes have landed! These are a summer hit and a great weekend breakfast to make for the family. Tall, fluffy pancakes loaded with blueberries and topped with melty vegan butter and maple syrup.
Our vegan blueberry pancake recipe gives you all the tips and tricks you’ll need for superb pancakes!
- 1.25–1.5 cups non-dairy milk (less for tall, thick pancakes & more for pourable, ‘soft’ pancakes. See notes)
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1T melted vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (sub white or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (zest from one lemon)
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour (scooped & leveled)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2–3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries (see notes if using frozen)
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients into wet and whisk several times until just incorporated. Then add blueberries and mix gently to disperse.
- Heat up a pan or griddle over medium heat and optionally coat with butter or oil.
- Pour batter into pan in whatever size you prefer (we like 1/3c portions) and cook 2-4 minutes on the first side. Flip when the edges are dry and there may be some holes or bubbles on the surface of the pancake. Lift up and edge and peek to check that the underside is brown.
- Cook on the second side for about 1 minute and serve immediately.
- Blueberry pancakes can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months. These are a great make-ahead breakfast.
If using frozen blueberries, toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour prior to adding to the batter. Frozen berries are more likely to streak or color the batter purple, but the pancakes are still delectable! Do not defrost.
Place pancakes on a wire rack instead of stacking on a plate after cooking if you want to keep those crispy edges crisp.
To reheat pancakes, toast 1-2 times on a low setting in your toaster. To reheat in the oven, warm pancakes on a sheet pan covered with foil in a 325* oven for 5-7 minutes.
Keywords: vegan blueberry pancakes