We interrupt our regularly scheduled broadcast to remind you that summer is almost over and have you even made a vegan blackberry cobbler yet?! This is a crazy simple and crazy delicious recipe to help your vegan berry cobbler dreams come true!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup alternative milk (I used coconut)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (or melted vegan butter)
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- Heat the oven to 350 and grease a 9″ baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl add the flaxseed meal to the blackberries and stir to coat the berries in flaxseed meal. Set aside.
- Mix the batter: combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder into a dish and stir to combine.
- Add in the wet ingredients: melted coconut oil & milk.
- Pour the batter into your baking dish.
- Pour the blackberries (coated in flaxmeal) into the batter evenly scattered across the pan- lightly pressing the berries down.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Check at 45 minutes, if the edges are golden brown and berries are bubbly it is ready. If you prefer a crispier cobbler, bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm with vegan vanilla ice cream!
** Be sure to lightly press the berries down into the cobbler batter.
** If you’re after a very golden, crispy crust- lightly spray/brush the top of the cobbler with oil prior to baking.
** You can sprinkle on another 2-4 tablespoons of sugar on top of the cobbler prior to baking for a sugary golden-crisp top.
** If you use a smaller/larger pan to make this blackberry cobbler, adjust baking times to ensure proper cooking. Smaller pan = thicker cobbler & longer baking time. Larger pan=thinner cobbler & less baking time!
Keywords: Dessert, Blackberry, PNW Inspired