In the mood for something bright and cheery? Here’s an easy recipe for an anti-inflammatory turmeric smoothie requiring just 6 ingredients and 5 minutes to prepare. This turmeric mango smoothie makes a great breakfast or afternoon snack.
- 1” of fresh turmeric OR 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2“-1” of fresh ginger OR 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3–4 cuties or one small orange
- 1 cup coconut milk
- pinch of black pepper
- Measure and add milk to your blender cup followed by yogurt, ginger, and turmeric.
- Top with frozen mango and orange segments and blend 30-60 seconds until smooth and no large pieces remain.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
** Swap coconut milk for any milk you have on hand– or, in a pinch, water will work!
** Sub any frozen fruit for mango, especially pineapple, berries, or stone fruits (nectarines, peaches, plums, or cherries)!
** Most health foods stores or co-ops stock fresh turmeric throughout the year! Find out when they have it and freeze some for later use– you can wash the turmeric root and place the whole root in the freezer!
Keywords: Turmeric Smoothie, Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie