Hi, we’re here to dazzle you today with an easy, 2 ingredient sugar-free blackberry jam! This recipe uses flaxseeds as a thickener and takes 10 minutes to come together. Also, check it: you can sub in other fruits you may have using this same method. Let’s get jammy!
- 2 cups blackberries
- 3 tablespoon ground flaxseeds aka flaxseed meal
- pinch salt
- Optional: sugar or honey to taste
- Optional lemon or lime juice
- Gently rinse your blackberries and place into a pot on medium heat. Add a pinch of salt.
- Simmer 5-7 minutes, using a fork or potato masher to break them down to your desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in the flaxseed meal, stir to combine. If you want a thicker consistency, add more flaxseed meal, a tablespoon at a time.
- Place in a jar and store in the fridge!
** In the suggested timeframe, the 2 cups of blackberries will reduce down to 1 cup of jam. The longer you simmer these, the more they will reduce. (Also the more concentrated the natural sugars will become!)
** This will keep in the fridge for about 1 week.
** If you substitute other fruit that is more tart, you may want to add a touch of sweetener. If you substitute fruit that is more juicy/liquidy you’ll need to add more flaxseed meal. It’s okay! This recipe is forgiving, if you need to thicken the final texture slowly add more flaxseed meal until you reach the consistency you’re after!
Keywords: Blackberry, Breakfast