Raspberry syrup is an amazing way to transform a handful of raspberries into a flavorful component for drinks, cocktails, desserts, and breakfast goods. This raspberry simple syrup comes together in less than 10 minutes!
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch salt
- Add all ingredients to a small pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Mash berries with a fork then simmer for 7 minutes.
- For a thicker raspberry syrup suitable for pancakes and waffles, simmer for 15-20 minutes to thicken and reduce the syrup.
- Optional: strain through a sieve to remove all seeds and raspberry pulp for a smooth syrup.
- Pour into a clean container and store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months!
*This recipe will yield 1 cup of raspberry syrup if not strained and 2/3 cup of syrup if the seeds and pulp of the raspberries are strained out.
*If simmered for 15-20 minutes for a thicker syrup, the yield will be lower (closer to 1/3 cup strained) so plan ahead and make a double batch if you’d like plenty for breakfast!
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 28
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Sodium: 18.3mg
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7.2g
- Fiber: .5g
- Protein: .1g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Raspberry Simple Syrup, Raspberry Syrup