The recipe for pistachio muffins of your dreams! For these pistachio muffins, we’re going to use REAL pistachios and they sure do taste great. We’ve also got some tips on how to make green pistachio muffins!
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter (vegan or regular)
- 1/3 cup milk (vegan or regular)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (vegan or regular)
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Measure dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Note: Measure flour by scooping flour with a spoon into a measuring cup then leveling off excess, not by scooping a measuring cup into the flour.
- Measure butter, milk, yogurt, and pistachios and add to a small pot over low heat– just long enough for the butter to melt. Add to a blender or bullet blender and blend for 30-45 seconds until the pistachios are creamy and no longer large pieces, stopping at least once to scrape the sides of the blender down with a spatula.
- Add in vanilla and almond extract. Pour wet mixture from your blender into the dry mixture and stir until JUST combined.
- Be sure to check the bottom of the mixing dish when stirring for any large pockets of flour and mix.
- Add liners to your 12 muffin pan OR grease with butter or an oil sprayer.
- Use a cookie scoop to fill muffin cups 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full, then sprinkle with reserved sugar and chopped pistachios.
- Bake for 21-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-7 minutes then remove the muffin tin and enjoy!
- Store at room temperature in a plastic container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- See notes on GREEN pistachio muffins!
** For Green pistachio muffins: For BRIGHT green muffins, add 3 ounces of frozen spinach (about 1 heaping tightly-packed cup) to the wet ingredients prior to blending. As the batter is moister when using spinach, I recommend using liners in muffin tins and baking an additional 1-2 minutes if needed.
Keywords: Pistachio Muffin Recipe