Parsley pesto is a deliciously bright and aromatic herby sauce perfect for adding to pasta, pizza, soups, and scrambles. This parsley pesto recipe is easy peasy to make requiring just 6 ingredients and a whir in the food processor!
- 2 cups fresh parsley (preferrably flat leaf/ Italian but curly parsley will work)
- 1/3 cup nuts (any you have on hand!)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast if vegan
- 1–2 tablespoons lemon juice or red wine vinegar (start with one & taste)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash and roughly chop your parsley- flat leaf parsley has a better flavor than curly parsley, get that if you can.
- Measure the nuts you are using. Optionally you can toast the nuts to bring out more flavor- we usually skip this step. It does add more flavor if you have the time and will to do it!
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or bullet blender. If making this recipe in a blender, you may need to double the recipe in order to meet the minimum capacity for smooth blending- or be okay with a more rustic pesto.
- Once everything is in your food processor or bullet blender, blend until smooth stopping 1-2 times to scrape down the sides of the vessel with a spatula.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Store in the fridge for 5-7 days. Use the same way you would use a basil pesto.
** You can make this a basil parsley pesto by using half parsley and half basil, to try the flavor and see how you like it.
** You can add more oil for a thinner consistency and reduce the amount of oil for a thicker consistency. If you want to reduce the oil, you can sub some of the oil with water.
** You can definitely make a double or triple batch of this and freeze it for later. This keeps in the freezer for 3-6 months!
Keywords: Parsley Pesto Recipe