Say hello to THE MEXICAN MULE– the snappy, refreshing tequila cocktail of your dreams! This recipe walks you through how to make tequila mules, plus offers variations and tips on buying the right ginger beer to make your cocktail dazzle!
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1/2 ounce lime juice, preferrably fresh squeezed
- 4–6 ounces ginger beer (1/2 cup)
- Mint & lime for garnish
- Squeeze lime juice into the bottom of your glass. Eyeballing it is okay, for reference, 1/2 ounce is a half tablespoon, or 1.5 teaspoons.
- Measure and add tequila and top with ice.
- Top with 4-6 ounces of ginger beer, a sprig of mint and a wedge of lime.
** You can reduce the alcohol to 1.5 ounces if preferred.
** If you don’t have a copper mug serve in a glass tumbler or stemless wine glass!
** Ginger beer and mexican mules are intended to be consumed while carbonated, so making these in a large batch or pitcher isn’t recommended.
Keywords: Mexican mule, tequila mule