All you need to make lemon tea is a fresh lemon & water! Lemon tea pairs well with honey and ginger as well and you may even have those in your kitchen. This lemon tea is soothing for sore throats and sniffy noses during cold and flu season- one for adults & kids to sip on!
- 1/2 medium fresh lemon, juiced (about 2–3 tablespoons lemon juice)
- hot water
- fresh ginger (optional)
- honey or maple syrup if vegan (optional)
- Heat water using a kettle or by adding water to a mug and placing in the microwave.
- Squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lemon into you mug and stir. Or you can thinly slice the 1/2 lemon and add slices to you mug.
- Add honey or sweetener of choice, and ginger if using and stir to combine.
** If your lemons were stored in the fridge, we recommend using the only the juice vs. whole slices of lemon to ensure your tea stays hot. Or if microwaving, add your lemon slices to the mug of water prior to placing in the microwave.
** You can use your favorite teabag, fresh herbs, or a pinch of cinnamon or cayenne pepper to this tea.
** The honey and ginger are optional, you can make this by simply using fresh lemon and hot water.
Keywords: Lemon Tea, Lemon Ginger Tea, Lemon Honey Tea