Why yes, spicy jalapeno simple syrup is just the cocktail ingredient you’ve been looking for! You need just 2 ingredients to make this fantastically easy and wonderfully delicious spicy simple syrup. You could even turn up the volume and make habanero syrup because it’s equally delicious!
- 5 jalapeno peppers (or 2 habaneros)
- 1 cup cane or white sugar
- 1 cup water
- Prepare your peppers: Remove the stems and slice the peppers into coins.
- Add to a small pot with 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes on LOW heat.
- If you simmer this at a higher heat, more water will evaporate and the syrup will reduce making a thicker, more concentrated syrup.
- After 10-15 minutes have passed, pour the mixture through a small sieve or strainer to separate the jalapenos.
- Pour into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 3 months.
- Add to any cocktail you wish to spice up!
** Serrano peppers, or really any peppers can be used in this recipe. For jalapenos, we found 5 peppers were needed to create enough spice but this may vary based on the type of pepper you’re working with.
** Use caution as hot simple syrup is very hot and can stick to your fingers.
Keywords: Jalapeno Simple Syrup