Consider this the encyclopedia on how to make coconut milk at home. We’ll show you 4 different ways to make homemade coconut milk: from shredded coconut, coconut butter, fresh coconut, and coconut cream!
- 1/3 cup coconut butter OR 1 cup shredded coconut OR 1 can coconut cream OR 1/2 mature adult coconut
- 2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- Optional: sweetener of choice, vanilla extract
- Place coconut, water, and salt into blender or food processor. Blend for 45-60 seconds.
- Strain through a nut milk bag.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge & enjoy as needed!
** A food processor may be used for coconut butter, shredded coconut, and coconut cream methods. A food processor is not recommended for fresh coconut.
** Coconut cream method does not require straining.
** Homemade coconut milk will last 3-5 days in the fridge.
**This can be frozen for up to 1 month, if frozen right away! Defrost fully prior to use.
Keywords: coconut milk, how-to make coconut milk