We’d wager you love tacos and eat them on the reg– here’s a great recipe for an easy, healthy guacamole recipe! This guacamole recipe includes a smoky, chipotle kick and adjustable levels of heat & spice so you can adjust based on your tolerance. Arrrriba!
- 2 lbs avocado ( 3–4 large, 7–8 small)
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1–2 cloves of garlic, minced (to taste)
- 1–2 jalapeno or serrano peppers
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (1–2 limes)
- 2.5 teaspoons salt (more or less to taste)
- 2–3 teaspoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Chop the cilantro, garlic, and jalapeno pepper.
- Slice the avocados in half, remove the seeds, and place the flesh into a large mixing bowl.
- Add lime juice, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, salt & pepper. Add the garlic, cilantro, and pepper.
- Mash with a fork for a rough, chunky, rustic guacamole. Mash with a potato masher for a smooth guacamole. Use a food processor for a creamy, sauce-like guacamole.
- Taste for seasonings. More salt? More lime juice? More heat?
** Guacamole keeps for about 3 days in the fridge. Browning or oxidation is normal and is safe to eat. To prevent guacamole from turning brown, cover the surface with a thin layer of oil or water or plastic wrap.
** We recommend cutting avocados with a cross hatch pattern and mashing them in a bowl with a fork for a thick and chunky consistency!
Keywords: guacamole, taco night