No need for juicers here- this grapefruit juice with carrot and apple can be made with a blender and a nut milk bag! The apple and carrot make this a deliciously balanced grapefruit juice recipe you can make again and again!
- 1 whole grapefruit
- 1 small apple
- 2 medium carrots
- Slice the grapefruit in half, then into quarters. Peel the skin off each piece, trying to remove the white pithy section as you peel it. Place this into the blender first.
- Cut the apple and remove the seeds. We leave the skin on and cut into cubes that are 1-2″ in size. Place this into your blender on top of the grapefruit.
- Cut the ends off the carrots and peel (optional) then slice into 1″ or smaller pieces. Add the carrots to your blender and blend for 1-2 minutes.
- If needed, have your tamper nearby. With our vitamix we never need it, but depending on your specific blender you may. You can also add 1/4 cup of water if things aren’t blending well but we never need to do this.
- Use a tea towel, 4-5 layers of cheese cloth, or a nut milk bag to strain the juice. Place the fabric over a large mixing bowl and pour the juice into the nut milk bag. Squeeze & twist GENTLY to slowly push the juice through while leaving the pulp behind.
- If you squeeze too hard/too aggressively more pulp will escape through the bag.
- If using cheese cloth or a tea towel, I find it’s best to layer the material over a sieve prior to pouring the juice out.
- This is best consumed immediately or within 24 hours when stored in the fridge.
** This recipe works well in a juicer or a high powered blender, we have not tested this recipe in a standard blender or a bullet blender.
** Placing your grapefruit & apple into the fridge the night before making juice will deliver a cold juice vs. leaving them at room temp will create a room temperature juice.
** This recipe yields about 1 cup/ 8oz of juice, depending on the size of your fruits!
Keywords: grapefruit juice recipe, grapefruit apple carrot juice