Are you a fan of dippable, beautiful vegetables? Babes, this whole roasted cauliflower is the recipe for you. Guaranteed to make you feel like KWEEN of your kitchen, cook this up and marvel at your shining creation. You’re about to reach home cook level: genius and we’re ready to watch you shine!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
Heat the oven to 400.
- Flip your cauliflower upside down. Slice the stalk away as short as you can without displacing any of the florets.
- If there are any smaller leaves left- which there usually are- simple pluck them off with your hands.
- Place on a cast iron pan or a baking sheet and drizzle the olive oil over top of the cauliflower, coating all the surface area and using your hands or a brush if you need.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake for 40-60 minutes, until fork tender. Organic cauliflower are smaller in size so they’ll be ready at about the 40 minute mark. I’ve seen some gigantic cauliflower in grocery stores- these will take closer to 60 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when it’s fork-tender.
- Remove from oven and squeeze fresh lemon juice and zest over top.
- Enjoy! I really love this dish with chimichurri sauce!
** As mentioned, cauliflower comes in a variety of sizes, the smaller cauliflower heads take about 40 minutes whereas the large cauliflower may take closer to 60 minutes. Check at 40 minutes.
** For serving: We family style this dish by placing the entire roasted cauliflower on a plate and my husband and I share it along with out meal. You can slice or quarter it into sections for serving. Truly any way you add this to your table it is sure to be a hit!
** I have tried covering this with a sauce or stuffing it prior to baking. You can totally do this. However, with some sauces the color is a very muddy hue. I prefer to drizzle sauces on after!
Keywords: Gluten-free, cauliflower