Vegan sundried-tomato pesto, we are here to sing your praises! This is a bold, deep variation of your traditional green pesto- we know you’re going to love it as much as we do! Pick up a jar of sundried-tomatoes at the store and whip this up in no time.
- 2 cups basil, tightly packed
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (or other nut)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1.5 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, plus pour in extra oil to fill the 1/3 cup with oil from the jar
- Measure and add all ingredients to a food processor and puree until combined.
- You can toast the pine nuts if you’d like to, this will increase the flavor of the pine nuts!
- Before removing from the food processor, taste and adjust flavors as you see fit.
- Taste a little bland? Try adding more salt, pinch at a time.
- Taste okay, but a little dull? Try adding more lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Doesn’t taste cheesy enough? Add more nutritional yeast
4. Remove from food processor or blender and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
** This sundried-tomato pesto freezes well! Freeze for up to 3 months, defrost in the fridge prior to using!
** Substitute any nuts you have if you don’t have pine nuts on hand.
** We used sundried-tomatoes in oil, there are a variety of different sundried-tomatoes available. We like to use the ones in a jar of oil and add some of the oil to the pesto for a bold flavor!
Keywords: Sundried Tomato Pesto