Vegan Pumpkin Muffins are an easy and delicious pumpkin breakfast to help you and your family celebrate fall! Make the muffin batter the night before for a quick breakfast in the morning!
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup milk (milk or any plant-based milk!)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin spice and mix together in a bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients: pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. If coconut oil is solid, see step #3.
- If coconut oil is solid, measure and add coconut oil to a small pot over low heat to melt the coconut oil to a liquid consistency. Add milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla to this mixture heating until just liquid. If you add the melted coconut oil into the batter with chilled pumpkin puree or chilled milk, it will cause uneven mixing.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold together until just combined and no dry flour is visible.
- Optional: cover the mixing bowl of batter with a kitchen towel and place it in the fridge overnight! This will make for a quick breakfast in the morning AND a lovely dome top on your muffins!
- Use a cookie scoop or two spoons to place batter into greased or lined muffins tins.
- Place in a 350-degree oven with the rack in the center position and bake for 23-25 minutes until you can smell the muffins, they have a golden exterior, and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- If you refrigerated the muffin batter, follow the same steps. Note that the muffin batter will have expanded a little and the muffin cups will be very full– it’s perfectly okay! Place into a 350-degree oven and bake for 27 minutes!
You can use muffin liners or grease the muffin tins prior to placing the batter into the muffin pan. We always make these without liners and they don’t stick.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 200mg
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated Fat: 7.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Vegan Pumpkin Muffins