Try making Vegan Pumpkin Bread this fall for a pumpkin spice season treat! We’ll share the pumpkin bread recipe plus a chocolate chip version to enjoy!
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup milk (milk or any plant-based milk!)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin spice and mix together in a bowl.
- Make flax egg and set aside to thicken.
- Combine wet ingredients: pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. If coconut oil is solid, see step #4.
- If coconut oil is solid, measure and add coconut oil to a small pot over low heat to melt the coconut oil to a liquid consistency. Add milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla to this mixture heating until just liquid. If you add the melted coconut oil into the batter with chilled pumpkin puree or chilled milk, it will cause uneven mixing.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, add the flax egg, and fold together until just combined and no dry flour is visible.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter or oil.
- Pour the pumpkin loaf batter in the loaf pan and spread with a spatula to even out.
- Place in a 350-degree oven with the rack in the center position and bake for 50-60 minutes until you can smell the pumpkin loaf, it has a golden exterior, and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes then carefully run a butter knife around the perimeter of the loaf pan and remove to let cool completely.
Pumpkin bread will usually develop a crack along the top of the loaf as it bakes and rises. I usually check with a toothpick inside of this crack to test if it’s done. A toothpick inserted will come out clean when the loaf is ready!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 240mg
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Vegan Pumpkin Bread