This homemade vegan chimichurri sauce will make your dinner a work of art- it’s got cilantro AND parsley for flavor, and it is SO versatile. This is an easy chimichurri sauce recipe that anyone can whip up and enjoy on repeat!
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 TB chili garlic paste
- 1/3–1/2 cup olive oil
- 2–3 TB red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and roughly chop fresh herbs
- Smash and peel garlic cloves
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and process until combined, stopping to scrape sides and tamp down ingredients as needed.
- Put this emerald beauty on everything you eat. Rinse. Repeat.
** Herb bunches come in different sizes, usually, organic herbs come in smaller bunches and conventional herbs bunches are larger. (Weird but true) This recipe just barely reaches the minimum capacity for easy blending in my Vitamix so, if you have a smaller, single serving bullet-type blender that will work beautifully! I don’t mind using the tamper on my blender and stopping a few times to scrape the sides and potentially having a more rustic texture. To avoid this completely you can easily double the recipe and have no issues blending whatsoever.
** This homemade cilantro chimichurri is one of those sauces that come together over time. When testing salt/acid levels, I usually blend everything as listed and wait 10-15 minutes for that maturity status:adult before adjusting seasonings. If things are tasting a little dull and muted (like where are you hiding fresh herbs?!) you probably need more salt. If things are pretty boring and one-dimensional, add another dash of vinegar.
Keywords: Vegan, Chimichurri, Cilantro, Parsley, Easy Recipes