Elevate your pesto game by making this vegan almond pesto! The nutty, smoky flavor of the perfectly brown and toasty almonds makes this pesto truly complex and flavorful! It’s easy to make and easy to use- put this on everything from pasta, pizza, and sandwiches to your morning bagel or scramble! Cheers to pesto!
- 2 cups basil, tightly packed
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1–2 cloves garlic
- 1.5 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Measure and add all ingredients to a food processor and puree until combined.
- You can toast the almonds if you’d like to, we recommend it as this will increase the almond flavor!
- Before removing from the food processor, taste and adjust flavors as you see fit.
- Taste a little bland? Try adding more salt, pinch at a time.
- Taste okay, but a little dull? Try adding more lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Doesn’t taste cheesy enough? Add more nutritional yeast
4. Remove from food processor or blender and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
** Almond pesto freezes well! Freeze for up to 3 months, defrost in the fridge prior to using!
** Substitute any nuts you have if you don’t have almonds on hand.
** You don’t need to peel the almonds for this pesto, the blender or food processor will shred the skins into very tiny pieces.
Keywords: Vegan almond pesto