Learn how to make fresh turmeric juice AND turmeric wellness shots at home using fresh or ground turmeric– NO JUICER REQUIRED!! Make turmeric juice in a blender or bullet blender!
- 1 small orange
- 2” of fresh ginger root OR 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- about 3— 4″ pieces of turmeric ~ 75 grams unpeeled (about 1/2 cup – 1″ pieces ) OR 1/4 cup ground turmeric
- 1.25 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (optional)
- pinch of black pepper (optional)
Using FRESH turmeric/ginger:
- Optional–If peeling fresh turmeric and ginger using the back of a spoon to remove the papery skin. Chop the roots into 1″-2″ pieces and add to blender.
- Peel the orange or clementines and chop into 1″-2″ pieces; add to your blender.
- Add lemon juice, water, and sweetener if using. Optionally add a 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds until no chunks remain.
- Use a fine sieve, tea towel, or nut milk bag to strain the juice and separate all solids from the juice, especially if you didn’t peel the turmeric/ ginger.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
If using GROUND turmeric/ginger:
- Measure coconut milk and water and add to a small pot to warm, heat to a simmer. (1/2 cup coconut milk and 3/4 cup water is a good ratio.) Remove from heat.
- Add ground turmeric and ginger to the pot and stir to combine. Steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour this mixture through a coffee filter of very fine weave nut milk bag to strain. It will take time to strain as ground turmeric is a very fine powder, leave it to strain for 15-20 minutes and let gravity do its thing. (A coffee filter is our recommendation– it works great!)
- While this drains, peel and chop your mandarins or orange, juice your lemon, measure your sweetener and add these ingredients to a blender.
- Gently squeeze the remaining juice out of the coffee filter to extract the remaining juice without breaking the coffee filter.
- Add your turmeric & ginger liquid to the blender with other ingredients. Blend for 30-60 seconds until no large pieces of fruit remain.
- You can strain to remove the orange pulp or drink as is!
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days in the fridge.
** Turmeric juice made with ground turmeric doesn’t have as much body, it’s a thinner viscosity than turmeric juice with fresh turmeric. To mitigate this, we like to use coconut milk instead of water when making turmeric juice from ground turmeric. You can use half water and half coconut milk for a perfect replacement!
** This will last from 3-5 days in the fridge.
Keywords: Turmeric juice recipe, Turmeric shot recipe, wellness shots