Here’s a recipe for a delicious strawberry vinaigrette salad dressing perfect for topping a bed of greens! Strawberry salad dressing is keto-friendly and low fat but it’s got BIG flavor!
- 2 heaping cups whole strawberries (measure whole!)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (red wine or champagne vinegar are my favorites!)
- 1–3 teaspoons honey or sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Measure and rinse whole strawberries then remove tops and add to a blender.
- Top with oil, vinegar, sweetener, salt, and pepper and blend for 30 seconds, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Use immediately or store for 3-4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
This recipe can be made lower fat by reducing the amount of oil or using water in place of oil.
See post for additional keto swaps! KETO OPTION: If you skip the sweetener, this keto salad dressing is only 1.8 net carbs per serving!
The sweetener is optional; if your strawberries are super sweet and ripe you don’t need to use it.
If your dressing tastes a bit ‘dull’, you likely need to add a pinch of salt. If it seems to be lacking ‘strawberry’ flavor, try adding a touch of sweetener!
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoon
- Calories: 44
- Sugar: 3.5
- Sodium: 258.8
- Fat: 3.2
- Saturated Fat: .5
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 4.5
- Fiber: .7
- Protein: .2
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Strawberry Vinaigrette