Skip the drive-through and make your own copycat Starbucks pumpkin cream cold brew coffee at home this fall! Whip up a batch of pumpkin cream and cold brew coffee for a morning treat to enjoy all week.
This recipe post will guide you through:
- Making the pumpkin cream / pumpkin foam
- 3 tips to make the best dairy free pumpkin cream coffee
- A brief section on how to make cold brew coffee
- 3/4 cup plant milk
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin puree
- 2–3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract (Measure this, almond extract is VERY strong, be careful not to overdo it)
- pinch salt
Assembling The Drink:
- 8 oz cold brew coffee
- Sweetener of choice: vanilla syrup, maple syrup, any liquid sweetener (optional, starbucks uses vanilla syrup in the cold brew)
- pumpkin pie spice to sprinkle atop the foam
Make The Pumpkin Cream:
- Add the milk, sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, almond, salt pumpkin pie spice, and optional vegan butter to a blender or bullet blender and blend for 1 minute. This recipe has sugar in the foam so blending for the full minute is recommended to break down the sugar although it will look ready much earlier than that
- Pour the foam into a jar or container and place in the fridge until ready to use.
To assemble a pumpkin cream cold brew coffee:
- Pour 8 ounces of cold brew coffee into a glass. Stir in the sweetener if you want your cold brew sweetened. (Starbucks adds vanilla syrup to the cold brew separate from the pumpkin foam!)
- Top with ice, then top with 3-4 tablespoons of the pumpkin cream
- Sprinkle on additional pumpkin pie spice for added aroma and enjoy!
Nutritional information is just for the pumpkin cream.
The pumpkin foam thickens in the refrigerator, I recommend making this the day before and chilling overnight for the best result.
Storebought plant milks usually have added gums and stabilizers, so they yield the best results in this recipe but I often make this with homemade plant milk!
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 34
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Sodium: 2.6mg
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2.3g
- Fiber: .1g
- Protein: .3g
- Cholesterol: 8.5mg
Keywords: Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew