Meyer lemon pesto is on regular rotation at our house as it is easy to make, versatile to use (put it on anything!), and tastes pro-chef level but it’s made in your home kitchen. Give this a try if you’re wondering what to do with your Meyer lemons!
- 2 cups basil, tightly packed
- 1/3 cup nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1.5 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese if not vegan
- 1/4 cup meyer lemon juice (about 2 small meyer lemons)
- zest from 2 meyer lemons (it’s easier to zest prior to juicing!)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Measure and add all ingredients to a food processor and puree until combined.
- You can toast the nuts if you’d like to, this will increase the flavor of the nuts!
- Note: Be sure to zest the meyer lemons prior to juicing them, it’s easier to do when the lemons are whole.
- Before removing from the food processor, taste and adjust flavors as you see fit.
- Taste a little bland? Try adding more salt, pinch at a time.
- Taste okay, but a little dull? Try adding more lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Doesn’t taste cheesy enough? Add more nutritional yeast
4. Remove from food processor or blender and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
**If you can’t find Meyer lemons, you can use regular lemons and make a lemon pesto. Meyer lemons are sweeter, less sharp/acidic, and more perfumey than regular lemons so the end result will taste much different!
** This meyer lemon pesto freezes well! Freeze for up to 3 months, defrost in the fridge prior to using!
** Our favorite nuts to use are almonds, walnuts, or pine nuts!
Keywords: Vegan Meyer Lemon Pesto