Here’s an easy recipe for homemade vegan pizza sauce. Everyone needs a trusty red sauce recipe for when pizza cravings strike, ahem- now, so run, don’t walk to make this firey spin of your classic red sauce!
- 2 cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes (or regular if that’s what you have! See notes for using fresh tomatoes)
- 2 teaspoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, miced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder (if you have it)
- Heat the olive oil on low and gently sautee the miced garlic until golden and fragrant.
- Add the diced fire-roasted tomatoes, juice and all. Add the chipotle sauces and ginger powder.
- Increase the heat to medium and simmer for 10-15 minutes until your desired thickness is acheived.
- You can puree this in a blender, or use an immersion blender to achieve a thinner consistency. Leave the sauce as is if a thicker / chunkier sauce suites your needs!
** This sauce will keep for up to a week in the fridge. You can also freeze it to use at a later date. ** If using fresh tomatoes, dice 3 lbs. fresh tomatoes and pick up with step 2. You may need to simmer the sauce for 45-60 minutes if using fresh tomatoes. The juice has more flavor than the flesh of the tomato! Use both parts to make this sauce.
Keywords: Sauces, tomato