Pumpkin oatmeal is a healthy and satisfying fall breakfast option! We’ll walk you through using rolled or steel-cut oats in this recipe and provide an overnight oats option!
- 1 cup rolled oats (or steel-cut oats)
- 2 cups milk or water
- 2–4 tablespoons brown sugar, depending on sweet preference– also sub maple syrup!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Add the milk or water, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, salt, and pumpkin spice to a small pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add the 1 cup of oats and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes until most liquid has been absorbed and your desired consistency has been reached.
- Let stand covered for 1-2 minutes prior to consuming.
- Combine all ingredients together in a deep bowl and store to combine. Cook on high for ~2 minutes, stir and cook an additional 30-60 seconds. Let stand for 1-2 minutes to thicken before consuming.
- Combine all ingredients together in a jar or glass container, stir and place in the fridge overnight or for at least 8 hours.
Steel Cut Oats:
- Steel cut oats will require more liquid and longer cooking time, check the cooking instructions on the package of your steel-cut oats for specifics.
Top with a pat of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup to serve. Makes two bowls of pumpkin spice oatmeal.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 55
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 596mg
- Fat: .2g
- Saturated Fat: .1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 5.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal